Artist Search
   
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z 


AskART Advertising Guidelines

 

For More Information Contact AskART
AskARTAds@AskART.com

(480) 703-9535

 


 

AskART’s advertising opportunities are unique to the Internet because homepage ads take the visitor to an HTML information web page on the AskART website. This information page is more like a magazine ad that can contain multiple links to your website. This allows visitors to get an overall snapshot of your gallery, auction house or event all in one spot.


Design and Production Options
Ads and HTML Information Web Page

 Option 1 – You may produce your own ad and HTML information web page working within the parameters set by AskART guidelines (below). If there are any issues with the HTML or banners ads, we will ask your graphic designer to provide the modifications.

 

  Option 2 –AskART can arrange for production of your ad. You can contract with AskART’s outside designers to produce your ad(s) and HTML information web page. Their experience will help speed the process and deliver your project with less hassle. This would be a separate contract between you and the outside designer. Fees for their services vary depending on the complexity of your ads and number of revisions. Contact us for our recommended designer.

 Option 3 – A Combined production effort.
You or your staff can combine efforts with the AskART’s contract designers to fill in where help may needed in producing your ad(s) and/or HTML information web page.

Deadlines
All files should be completed and delivered to our advertising coordinator one week prior to the “live” date of your ad.

 

Homepage Ad Banner Specifications

# ea.

Banner

Size (pixels)

File Size

Animation

Audio/ Video

File Type

4

Large Central Banner

300x335

50KB Max

No

No

.jpg or .gif

4

Lower Central Banner

300x65

20KB Max

No

No

.jpg or .gif

4

Upper Left Banner

180x140

30KB Max

No

No

.jpg or .gif

4

Lower Left Banner

180x200

40KB Max

No

No

.jpg or .gif

 

    

Four Large Central Banners
Up to four large 300x335 pixel ads can be displayed at random to allow exposure to more pieces during your campaign.  Your logo may appear but please keep it small and subtle.  These ads should have the name of the exhibition or sale, along with a call to action such as "Click Here." 80% of the ad space should feature the artwork while the remaining 20% can display logo and copy. All ads are subject to the approval of AskART. Please see acceptable examples of the primary home page ad.

Four Lower Central Banners
Up to four 300x65 pixel ads can be displayed at random by our servers. The lower central banner ads can include your logo, short text and a call to action, such as an exhibition announcement. E.g. "Pennsylvania Impressionism Exhibition - Click Here." 60% of the ad space should feature the artwork while the remaining 40% can display logo and copy. All logos and font should appear subdued while the art piece should be the central focus of the ad. All ads are subject to the approval of AskART. Please see acceptable examples of the lower
central home page ad.


 


 
  Four Upper Left Banners
Up to four 180 x 140 pixel ads can be displayed at random by our servers. Your logo may appear but please keep it small and subtle.  These ads should have the name of the exhibition or sale, along with a call to action such as "Click Here." 80% of the ad space should feature the artwork while the remaining 20% can display logo and copy. All ads are subject to the approval of AskART. Please see acceptable examples of the Upper Left home page ad.
 
  Four Lower Left Banners
Up to four 180 x 200 pixel ads can be displayed at random by our servers. Your logo may appear but please keep it small and subtle. These ads should have the name of the exhibition or sale, along with a call to action such as "Click Here." 80% of the ad space should feature the artwork while the remaining 20% can display logo and copy. All ads are subject to the approval of AskART. Please see acceptable examples of the Lower Left home page ad.

Logo
Your logo may appear but please keep it small and subtle. We wish to keep the AskART logo as the predominant logo on the page while highlighting the art.

HTML Information Web Page Guidelines

Text
Give a brief description of your event. Include dates, times, featured artist(s), location and directions with links to your website. Attractive, intriguing images and text will help draw your reader to scroll down through your entire web page ad. Additional information might include estimated auction prices, registration details, or any other pertinent details.

Images on Your HTML Information Page
You may submit up to 10 images of artwork in either .gif or .jpg format for a total combined size of up to 150KB. Please keep your file sizes as small as possible while maintaining their quality. All images must be identified under the image with the artist’s name and the artwork’s title (in italics). Copyright responsibility is yours.

Length of Ad
We recommend keeping things brief and to the point, as most viewers just want the facts.


Hyperlinks
Your AskART HTML web page should include hyperlinks to your web site. These can link to your home page, individual pages on your site, directions to your gallery or event and extended educational and information pages. All links should spawn a new browser window using the HTML code target="_blank" to help keep AskART.com’s browser window open behind yours.

 

HTML Information Web Page Specifications

All files should be completed and delivered to our advertising coordinator one week prior to the “live” date of your ad. This allows time to review and possibly make revisions to your ad. For examples of this ad and format please visit: http://www.AskART.com/AskART/Advertising/Ad_Demo1.aspx

 

·         All HTML will be contained within a table 700 pixels wide <table width="700"> </table> the height is be determined by the content of the page. Background colors are allowed.

·         HTML submissions must be tested and found compatible with Netscape versions 4.0 and higher and Internet Explorer versions 4.0 and higher.

·         Place the HTML file and all image files in a single directory.

·         File names should have an extension of .htm, .html, .jpg, or .gif. Submit HTML page(s) and all associated images compressed in a .zip file.

·         All images must be hosted by AskART and locally referenced within the ad directory.

·         Do not use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Animation, JavaScript, Java, Shockwave, Forms or image maps.

·         Do not include <HTML>, <META>, <HEAD>, <TITLE> or <BODY> tags in your submission.

·         Specify up to 30 characters for image ALT text, including spaces.

·         Target URLs may not exceed 200 characters.

·         Your website and linked pages must be live at the time of submission.

·         Generally, faux-functionality or misleading users into clicking on an ad is not permitted.

Options 2 and 3
Creative guide for working with AskART’s contract designers

You or a member of your staff will be acting as Art Director conveying and delivering detailed text descriptions and image files to complete the look and feel of your ad(s) and HTML information web page. AskART can recommend an outside designer and/or web producer who can guide you through this process.

Submitting Artwork and Text Files
Preferably all communications and image files will be PC compatible and sent via email with no single email exceeding 300KB. We will be happy to explain file compression and formats .zip, .jpg, .gif and others prior to sending your files.

Logos and banners may be stand-alone files or be contained in Microsoft Word documents or Microsoft Excel spreadsheets. If artwork can be found on a website or a banner pick-up site, please send the exact URL. If in doubt, contact your AskART representative for details.

Mailing your event print materials to us will help convey your ideas. If by post, please include any handouts, brochures, business cards, ads and print collateral, which would be helpful. We will need RGB Colors, typefaces, or graphics, which are a part of your look.

Logos: Logos should be submitted in digital format as .GIF, .BMP or .JPG files. If this is not possible, please contact your AskART representative for options.

Colors: All colors should be specified as a hexadecimal web color number, Pantone matching number, or using any standard color matching system and not intentionally blend with the AskART color scheme as to appear to be part of the AskART web site.

Text: You will be asked to provide ad copy and one text describing your event and artist work to be highlighted on your AskART web page. This should be concise and get your message across.

·         Please allow ten business days from the receipt of all materials to the creation of your ad(s) and HTML information web page. Both you and AskART will sign off on the final advertisement and landing page before they go live.

·         The Advertiser is responsible for the inclusion of any copyright notices.

·         Ads should not lead the viewer to believe the content is news rather than advertising. AskART also follows this policy. We encourage your ad to include artist educational content.

·         The AskART family of brands may not be used to imply affiliation with or an endorsement by AskART—whether an AskART product, content, or service—unless such a relationship exists. AskART branding, which includes logos and proprietary images from AskART or any of the AskART family of brands, cannot be used within an ad banner.

·         AskART reserves the right to reject any graphic, text description, or URL.

  go to top home | site map | site terms | AskART services & subscriptions | contact | about us
  copyright © 2000-2014 AskART all rights reserved ® AskART and Artists' Bluebook are registered trademarks

  A |  B |  C |  D-E |  F-G |  H |  I-K |  L |  M |  N-P |  Q-R |  S |  T-V |  W-Z  
  frequently searched artists 1, 2, more...  
  art appraisals, art for sale, auction records, misc artists