David K. John is active/lives in New Mexico, Arizona. David John is known for abstract Indian symbolism painting, sculpture, ceramics.
Biography David John
• Native American Heritage - Navajo
• Raised near Keams Canyon, AZ
• Principal works are acrylic on canvas and bas relief sculpture
• David's formal art training began in high school, where he majored in commercial art. Upon graduation, he was awarded a full scholarship to the two-year degree program at the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA). He graduated with the school's award for Outstanding Two-Dimensional Artist. He also studied at Southern Utah University.
• One of his paintings was chosen by the U.S. Census Bureau for use as the poster promoting the 1990 census. Suddenly, his work was "everywhere".
• In 2003, David was the poster artist for Santa Fe Indian Market.
• In 2001, he was th
... Displaying 750 of 4080 characters.