Louis was born Feb 1820 in Prussia. Lived in Williamsburg, NY in 1850, moved and had a studio in Washington DC. It has been passed down in the family that Louis completed the cherubs in the US Capitol dome after the main artist fell ill. He died March 25 1906 in Fairfax, VA
I know of 5 other paintings he did:
1) one self portrait, sepia tone.
2) one of his wife; Ellen Jane Manning, also a sepia tone.
3) one of his daughter: Charlotte "Lottie" Maria Frenzel, pastel done in chalk.
4) one of Charlotte's husband: James Edward Ross, also a pastel done in chalk
5) "Birds Flight at Twilight", a pastel done in chalk.
Information courtesy of Tammy Jean Beach Jones who is a
... Displaying 750 of 960 characters.