B. N. (Bemic Nelson) Yellowman is active/lives in New Mexico / Mexico. B Yellowman is known for Native American/Indian subject painting-dog soldiers.
Biography B. Yellowman
• Native American Heritage - Navajo
• Raised in Ogden, Shiprock, Albuquerque
• Principal works are acrylic on canvas.
• Yellowman is a self-taught artist who has been painting since 1963.
• He is known for his dynamic acrylics; most notably his Dog Soldiers.
• Yellowman has captured the strength and protective spirit of the
Dog Soldiers. He is masterful in his application of both watercolor on
paper and acrylic on canvas. When he paints the faces of his people,
they are as intriguing to him as an artist as they are to his
collectors because of their reminder of fateful events from 100 years
ago. "I paint this imagery as both a remembrance and healing process,
and to hopefully give the Dog Soldiers the ho
... Displaying 750 of 4945 characters.