Jesus Mariano Leuus is active/lives in Texas / Mexico. Jesus Leuus is known for minimalist painting.
Biography from Cooper's Art Gallery & Brokerage
** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at
• 1948 --
• Raised in El Paso, Texas
• Has resided in Mexico City since the age of 14
• Principal works are minimalist paintings of acrylic or oil on canvas.
• At the age of 14, Jesus and his family immigrated to Mexico and he entered The International Institute of Fine Arts in Mexico City, "La Esmeralda".
• Inspired greatly by the ancient designs of the Aztecs and Mayans, Leuus has developed a distinctive style, based on ancient history but unmistakably Contemporary and Modern.
• He paints monumental figures that are figured to express love, sadness, the rich and the poor, and life and death.
• Working preferably on masonite and linen, Jesus Leuus composes his rich colors by hand mixing the acrylic pigment. He uses a marble dust mixed with the acrylic paint to achieve texture. His recognizable style reflects a well balanced composition of minimalized color, lines and figures.
• Leuus believes that he has succeeded in bringing his art to simplification over the last ten years. The time dedicated to painting is evident in his work and has brought him to be known as one of the leading Modern painters of Mexico today.
• His International exhibitions took him Barcelona, Madrid, Canada, Venezuela and Quebec.
• The works of Jesus Leuus can be seen in some of the finest galleries across the World, and are a part of the collection of The Modern Museums of Art in Mexico City, New York New Orleans, Los Angeles and Tucson.
• Leuus currently resides and works in Mexico City with his three daughters, one son and three grand-children.
Share an image of the Artist firstname.lastname@example.org.