Massoud Arabshahi is active/lives in California / Iran, Islamic Republic of. Massoud Arabshahi is known for painting, sculpture, and architectural relief.
Biography from the Archives of askART
Massoud Arabshahi (مسعود عربشاهی in Persian), born Tehran, Iran in 1935 is an Iranian painter.
** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at
Arabshahi held his first solo exhibition at the Iran-India Centre, Tehran, in 1964, four years before graduating from the College of Decorative Arts, Tehran. His work includes oils on canvas, sculptures and architectural reliefs- among the latter commissions for the Office for Industry and Mining, Tehran, 1971, and the California Insurance Building, Santa Rosa, California, USA, 1985.
His sources of inspiration comprise Achaemenid and Assyrian art as well as Babylonian carvings and inscriptions. Combining tradition and modernity. His work has been shown in a number of solo and group exhibitions in Iran, Europe and the United States including Two Modernist Iranian Pioneers, at the Tehran Museum of Contemporary Art, 2001; and Iranian Contemporary Art, Barbican Centre, London, 2001. He lives and works in Tehran and California.
• 1964, Ministry of Arts and Culture Prize, 4th Tehran Biennial
• 1965, Mother's Day Exhibition Prize, Tehran
• 1972, First Prize, Public contest for sculpture ornament at Farah-abad Park, Tehran
• 1973, First Prize, Monaco International Exhibition
• 1964, Tehran, Iran, India Artistic Center
• 1965, Tehran, Iran, Tehran University
• 1965, Paris, France, Biennial
• 1967, Paris, France, Galerie Solstice
• 1967, Paris, France, Museum of Sacred Arts
• 1968, U.S.A, Mobile Exhibition of Contemporary Iranian Arts
• 1970, Tehran, Iran, Modern Iranian Art: a Retrospective, Iran American Society
• 1971, Tehran, Iran, Negar Gallery
• 1973, Paris, France, Grand Palais
• 1973, Paris, France, Galerie Guiot
• 1973, Monaco, France, Monaco International Exhibition, Monte Carlo
• 1974, Tehran, Iran, International Exhibition of Arts
• 1975, Tehran, Iran, Blue, Takhte Jamshid Gallery
• 1975, Tehran, Iran, Volume and Environment, Iran America Society
"Massoud Arabshahi," Wikipedia, April 2017
Share an image of the Artist email@example.com.