(1912 - 1969)
Edward Marshall Boehm was active/lived in New Jersey. Edward Boehm is known for sculptor-bird, wildlife.
In 1950, Edward and Helen Boehm started a basement studio in Trenton, New Jersey, and Ed created sculptures in realistic style that were admired enough that in 1951, two of them entered the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. By the end of the decade, Boehm was represented in 11 other museums including the Buckingham Palace, Elysee Palace and the Vatican. Today the porcelains are in 134 museums and institutions throughout the world including the offices of the Administrative and Executives sections of the Vatican Museums and the collection of Cardinal Castillo Lara.
Boehm was accorded its highest honor in 1992 when a wing of the Vatican Museum in Rome was named in memory of Edward Marshall Boehm. This is the first time in its 500-year history that one of the thirteen museums in the Vatican was named after an American, as the twelve other museums are named for Popes and royal families.
Since his death in 1969, his wife has carried on his interests with a porcelain manufacturing company, Edward Marshall Boehm, Inc. The company designs and manufactures open collection and limited edition porcelain collectibles, as well as historic commissioned sculptures.