Lynn Wade was active/lived in New Mexico. Lynn Wade is known for animal portrait-horses, western.
Biography from Trailside Galleries
Lynn Wade, b. 1950, Washington, D.C., (United States)
** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at
Lynn Wade was born in Washington D.C., and raised in Maryland's hunt country. She was a professional horse woman for over 20 years before becoming a full-time artist. Her knowledge of horses is extensive: studying the equine anatomy while attending Virginia's Morven Park International Equestrian Institute, served in the hunt field as a Whipper-In, managed large boarding facilities on both coasts and began competing with her own hunter/jumpers at age six.
Her horse career has included 'ponying' race horses at Santa Anita, teaching up to 150 riding students per week and breaking yearlings at a Florida Thoroughbred farm. She was co-owner/creator of the official dressage saddle of the 1984 British Olympic Team and has had over a dozen articles published in such worldwide equine magazines as Polo and Equus. Wade is nationally known as an animal portraitist and magazine illustrator.
Self taught, Lynn made a living as an animal portraitist until the late 1990's when her friend, artist Lanford Monroe, convinced her to seek representation with Trailside Galleries. While known primarily as an equine artist, Lynn's paintings have migrated toward the birds by which she's surrounded since moving to a coastal cottage in Florida.
• Virginia Morven Park International Equestrian Institute, Leesburg, VA
• Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum, Birds in Art, Wausau, IN, 2014
• International Museum of the Horse, American Academy of Equine Art International Exhibit, Lexington, KY, 1992-2002
• The National Dog Museum, Art Show at the Dog Show, St. Louis, MO, 1991
• National Arts Club in New York, The American Academy of Equine Art International Exhibit, New York City, NY, 1991
• The Museum of Hounds and Hunting, Masters of Foxhounds Exhibit, Morven Park, Middleburg, VA, 1990
• Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club, The American Academy of Equine Art International Exhibit, New York City, NY, 1990
• Kentucky Derby Museum at Churchill Downs, The American Academy of Equine Art International Exhibit, Louisville, KY, 1987
• The Pastel Society of America Annual Exhibition, New York, NY, 1987
• Equus, "The AAEA Sketchbook of Horses", Author and Contributing Artist, 1996
• Equestrian Network Magazine, 2008
• The Chronicle of the Horse cover art, April, 1989; June, 1990; January, 1990; September, 1993; August, 1995; April, 2001; January, 2004; March, 2007
• Florida Horse, 2006
• Horse Capital Digest, January, 2006
• Ocala Style Magazine, "True Calling", November, 2005
• Horse Capital Digest cover art, January, 2005
• Equine Images, "Wade's World", 2004
• Western Horseman, December, 1999
• Modern Horse Breeding cover art, January, 1993; November/December, 1996; July/August, 1999
• Equus cover art, May, 1998
• Society of Animal Artists, 2004-Present
• Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society, Best New Artist, 2014
• Miniature Art Society of Florida, Best First Time Entrant, 2014
• The Artist Magazine Competition, Finalist, 2000, and Honorable Mention, 1994
• American Academy of Equine Art Show, Masterwork Award, 1989
• American Horse Publications Awards, Five Nominations "Best Drawing of the Year", 1980, 1981
Share an image of the Artist firstname.lastname@example.org.