Malcolm studied and practised engineering and architecture in London and Cambridge UK, all the while longing to delve into his early passion for painting and the arts.
His journey into the arts began with a North American career in interior design with an array of projects ranging from nightclubs, offices and private homes worldwide.
Clients impressed by the artistic value of his work asked for commissioned art pieces sparking his earlier passions and allowing Malcolm to enter the fascinating world of fine arts.
Malcolm Smith is an artist whose style derives from 1960s romance comics and incorporates bright, bold colours and techniques borrowed from the printing industry. His paintings are dramatic in scope and predominantly feature sultry, flirty and empowered women in a series of situations and environments.
The simplicity of using two parts, the face and hands, allows us to focus more closely on the emotion. To emphasize the strength in which expression is conveyed through facial expression and hand gestures, Smith designates punchy one liners from an array of memorable films to his works.
Exhibition Record (Galleries and Art Shows):|
• Artexpo 2017, New York, NY
• Clic Gallery, New York, NY
• Clic Gallery, St. Barth, French West Indies
• 3W Gallery, Reims, France
• Artexpo 2016, New York, NY
• Spectrum 2016, Miami, FL
• Beatrice Perin Galerie. Geneva, Switzerland
• Gallery 1426, New York, NY
• Collection Privée Gallery, Miami, Fl
• Galerie 203, Montreal, Qc, Canada
• Hangar Gallery, Miami, FL
• Roberta Moore Contemporary, London UK
• Galerie Trimont, Montreal, Qc, Canada
• Artcube Gallery, Paris, France
• Museo del Vino, Mexico City, Mexico
•Cambridge Fine Art, Farmingdale, Long Island,NY