| Ruth Rosekrans is primarily known as Ruth Rosekrans Hoffman
|This biography from the Archives of AskART:|
|Ruth O. Rosekrans Hoffman, 81, of David City, formerly of Lincoln, died Wednesday, September 26, 2007 at David Place in David City. |
Ruth was born on January 7, 1926 in Denton, NE to James C. and Pearl (Hocking) Rosekrans. After graduating from UNL in 1948 with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, she moved to New York City to pursue her career. She showed at the Whitney, Brooklyn Museum, and others. In 1971 she became an illustrator of children's books and textbooks. She continued her work after moving back to Lincoln in 1990.
WRITINGS BY THE AUTHOR:
* (Self-illustrated) Anna Banana, Knopf, 1975.
* (Self-illustrated) Sister Sweet Ella, Morrow, 1982.
* Alicen White, Walter in Love, Lothrop, 1973.
* Patty Wolcott, Where Did That Naughty Hamster Go?, Addison-
* Dorothy Van Woerkom, Alexandra the Rock Eater, Knopf, 1978.
* Christine Tanz, An Egg Is to Sit On, Lothrop, 1978.
* Lee Bennett Hopkins, Go to Bed (poetry anthology), Knopf, 1979.
* Louise McClenathan, My Mother Sends Her Wisdom, Morrow, 1979.
* Hopkins, Elves, Fairies, and Gnomes (poetry anthology), Knopf,
* Mitchell Sharmat, Come Home Wilma, Albert Whitman, 1980.
* Greg Williams, The Case of the Missing Hat, (Muppets) Random
* McClenathan, The Easter Pig, Morrow, 1982.
* Clayton Bess, The Truth About the Moon, Houghton, 1983.
* Hopkins, How to Make an Elephant Float, Albert Whitman, 1983.
* Three Sisters, Dial Books for Young Readers, c1986.
* Creepy, Crawly Critter Riddles, A. Whitman, 1986.
* The Horrible Holidays, Dial Books for Young Readers, 1988.
* Sue Patch and the Crazy Clocks, Dial Books for Young Readers,
* Jet Black Pickup Truck, Orchard Books, 1990.
* The Best Cat Suit of All, Dial Books for Young Readers, 1991.
* Jane Yolen's Mother Goose Songbook, 1992.
* Where Do Little Girls Grow?, A. Whitman, 1993.
* Jane Yolen's Old MacDonald Songbook, Boyds Mills Press, 1994.
* Pignic, St. Martin's, 1996. Lenona.
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|