|Biography from Cooper's Art Gallery & Brokerage:|
|• Born and raised in Tucson, Arizona|
• Principal works are bronze sculpture and acrylic on canvas paintings.
• Manny Valenzuela is an emerging artist who has been producing fine art since 2004.
• His sculptures and paintings are inspired by his love of the Arizona Desert.
• His sculptures are influenced by Bruce Butler.
• Pre-historic art, western icons, and personal life experiences
influence the designs for his sculpture. A contemporary touch
coupled with a southwestern flavor is evident in his artwork. His
contemporary abstract pieces consist of visual metaphors, symbolizing
both personal and global representations.
• Valenzuela creates sculpture using welded steel and cast bronze.
These mediums are selected for their permanency and value. He is
involved in every step of the process to ensure the highest level of
quality. His goal is to create artwork that provides enjoyment and a
• “Many of my paintings are metaphors of personal relationships
that convey a message using western influences. I love using my
artwork to express that special bond between a parent and his/her
kids. Bright colors and textures are mixed in a contemporary
fashion creating a unique interpretation of the world around us. The
combination of subject and technique brings character and flair to a
room while still embracing a deeper meaning. Everyone has
something to say I just prefer to communicate with metal or paint.”
• Non-Gallery Exhibitions…
2009 Loveland Sculpture Invitational - Loveland, CO., Group show
2009 Tucson Museum of Art “Designer Showhouse” - Tucson, AZ., Group Show
2009 Rogoway Turquoise Tortoise - Tubac, AZ., Group show
2008 Rogoway Turquoise Tortoise - Tubac, AZ., Group show
2007 – 2009: Art Auctions benefiting Breast Cancer, Presbyterian Medical Services and United Way.
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|