|Biography from Cooper's Art Gallery & Brokerage:|
|• Born & Raised in New Mexico and resides in Santa Fe.|
• Principal works are mixed media on canvas and panel.
• Victoria is a free spirit who pulses with cultural heritage, and her work chronicles the nuances of her tri-cultural bloodline (Native American, Hispanic, Anglo). She is a contemporary painter who paints "my story" …the raw emotive feminine in juicy pigments, native totem animals, flawed angels, and southwestern landscapes.
• She is largely self taught, with some training at the University of New Mexico.
• She studied with RC Gorman and Lee Rommel.
• Her work is most influenced by William DeKooning, and she is a huge fan of James Havard.
• Juried Exhibitions:
• Contemporary Hispanic Market, Santa Fe (annually since 2004)
• Expo Hispanic Arts Show, Albuquerque (annually since 2004)
• El Museo Show, Santa Fe (annually since 2004)
• First Place, Expo Hispanic Arts Show 2005
• Second Place, Expo Hispanic Arts Show 2005
• Her work was featured in a 2003 issue of Comanche magazine.
• Selected Collectors include:
• Jerry Hall
• Jane Fonda
• Time Warner Enterprises
• Mike McCready (Pearl Jam lead guitarist)
• Kurt Russell
• Robert Redford
• eBay Corporation
• Dyan Cannon
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|