|This biography from the Archives of AskART:|
|Please note: Artists not classified as American in our database may have limited biographical data
compared to the extensive information about American artists.|
Fidel Víctor Mico Mesa was born January 24, 1962, in Havana, Cuba. In 1974, Fidel received the Leopoldo Romañach Award, and in 1979 he entered the San Alejandro Art School. After building a personal style, he had his work accepted for gallery representation in 1998, and in many other artistic spaces from 1999 to the present.
He is well known for his Cuban landscapes, mostly focused on nature. He has been participating expositions in Cuban and foreign galleries for more than 20 years, but little has been written in magazines and journals on his landscapes.
He lives in Havana, Cuba and has shown his work of art in 23 galleries from Cuba, USA, Qatar, and Russia. His paintings can be found in private collections from Spain, Germany, Italy, Canada, China, USA, Russia, Mexico, and El Salvador.
1999- “La Cabaña”
2003-“Environment”, Hotel Central Park, Havana, Cuba.
2003-Landscapes “Víctor Manuel”. Convento San Francisco de Asís, Havana, Cuba.
2005- Landscapes “Víctor Manuel”. Convento San Francisco de Asís, Havana, Cuba.
2005-“Side Effects”, Registro Nacional de Bienes Culturales, Havana, Cuba.
2009- “Cuban Visions”, Doha, Qatar.
2009-13th Moscow Fair of Art, Russia.
2011-“Without walking on the branches”, Gallery LA ACACIA, Havana, Cuba.
1. Heritage Auction. Modern & Contemporary Art. Cuban/Latin American Art. Heritage Signature Auction # 5055. Dallas, Texas, Oct. 27, 2010, p. 128. (http://www.ha.com).
1. Sori J. M. Transpiración. Art Nexus. Vol. 5, Nº 61, 2006, reproduced in page 99.
2. Sori J. M. El salto. Art Nexus. Vol. 5, Nº 63, 2007, reproduced in page 43.
3. Sori J. M. Renowned Latin American Artists. Art Circuits Newsletters. Vol. 2, Nº 13, Nov. 2008, p. 3.
4. Sori J. M. Fidel Mico and Ivan Loboguerrero. Recent Works. Art Circuits Newsletters. Vol. 5, Nº 29, May 2010, p. 10.
Submitted by José Angel Acosta Buxadó in a personal interview with the Cuban painter Fidel Victor Micó Mesa in March, 2012, in Havana, Cuba.
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|