| (Master of Town Consuls) Ralle is primarily known as (Master of Town Consuls) Rallé
Ad Code: 4
from Auction House Records.
The Vouivre, Dragons (The Enchanted World series), interior story illustration
Artwork images are copyright of the artist or assignee
|This biography from the Archives of AskART:|
|Rallé, also known as Master of the Town of Consuls (MTC), is an American artist whose work has most recently been shown in New York City. His paintings have accompanied several articles in Omni, as well as appeared on the covers of several books. |
Rallé's work has also been featured in Time Life Books, Esquire, Penthouse, Gulf-communicator, Toronto Life, Graphics Annual, and American Illustration 3. He published an autobiography in 2003, which won the 2004 Sappi European Printer of the Year gold award.
Awards and tributes
• First Prize for Oil - Majska Izlozba, Moša Pijade, Bitola, Macedonia(1977)
• Merit Award - The Toronto Art Directors Club (1983)
• First Prize for Oil - Barron Arts Center (1985), Woodbridge, N.J., USA
• First Place - Artist' Liaison: National Juried Art Competition (1987), Santa Monica, CA, USA
• Award of Excellence for the painting Guilt - Communication Arts, Illustration Annual (1990)
• Art Criticism by Jorge Alberto Manrique (2007)
• Rallé- Master of the Town of Consuls (2003). The book was published by Antilope Art Books in Lier, Belgium. Commentaries were provided by Marcel van Jole - founder of the Museum of Contemporary Art of Antwerp (MuHKA), Yonah Foncé - curator at the Museum of Contemporary Art of Antwerp (MuHKA), and Michel Gaudet - both an artist and an art critic.
Ralle in Omni Magazine
• Featured in April 1991 Issue for Alien/Nation
• Cover of October 1990 issue
• Featured in July 1989 issue for Shoot the Moon
• Featured in November 1986 for "Our Town"
• Cover of September 1985 issue
• Featured in August 1985 for "The Songbirds of Pain"
• Featured in September 1983 for Ominous Icons
• Featured in June 1982 for "Housewives in Space"
• Featured in April 1984 Esquire Magazine
• Cover for January 1992 Galaksija
• Cover for 1998 issue 7 of Werewolf magazine
• Cover for April 2007 Politikin Zabavnik
• The Pictorial Arts - Bio-Tech Wonders
• Cover for "TAR" 17 August 2, 2012
• Cover for Vonda N. McIntyre's Superluminal (1999)
• Cover for C.J. Cherryh's Geklont (1998)
• Cover for Elisabeth Vonarburg's Die Maerlande Chroniken (1997)
• Cover for John Kessel's Gute Nachricht von den Sternen (1996)
• Cover for Wolfgang Jeschke's Die Pilotin (1994)
• Cover for Connie Willis's Die Jahre Des Schwarzen Todes (1993)
• Cover for Pamela Sargent's The Shore of Women (1987)
• Cover for Pat Cadigan's Bewubtseinsspiele (1998)
• Cover for Pat Cadigan's Synder
"Rallé (artist)", Wikipedia, //en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rall%C3%A9_%28artist%29
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|