|Biography from Trailside Galleries:|
|JoAnn Peralta, b. 1967, California, United States|
JoAnn Peralta received her formal education in art through Art Center College of Design on a full-term scholarship award. Her continued studies were crafted through the many greats of illustration and fine art. Since 1990 her portfolio of work includes, book and video covers, as well as portrait commissions.
Her current status as a professional fine artist in which she enjoys exhibiting in major shows produced by Trailside Galleries as well as The Masters of the American West, Exhibition and Sale, continue to draw the attention of collectors of fine art. Her gallery allows her the ability to produce art associated with her passion of bringing her interests, as well as Hispanic ancestry to life. "I produce many works which demonstrate sometimes subtle, yet notable ways in which Latin’s have contributed to the fabric of western society. I do this in honor of my Grandmother's memory", Peralta states.
Peralta's artistic influences include, but are not limited to, Van Gogh, Sargent, Zorn, and Clark Hulings. However, the person she credits with pushing her to new levels of excellence is her ever loving husband, Master artist, Morgan Weistling. She also credits God with giving her the talent in the first place.
• Art Center College of Design, CA
• Autry National Center, Masters of the American West, Los Angeles, CA, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
• Western Art Collector, Scottsdale, AZ, December 2012
• Art Business News, Cleveland, OH
• International Artist, Scottsdale, AZ
• South West Art, Broomfield, CO
• Western Art & Architecture, Bozeman, MT
• Cowboys and Indians, Dallas, TX
• Art of the West, Minnetonka, MN
• International Art Magazine, How Did You Paint That? 100 Ways to Paint Your Favorite Subjects, Scottsdale, AZ, January 2005
• Michael Chang
• Raymond Cruz
• Beth Maitland
|** If you discover credit omissions or have additional information to add, please let us know at registrar@AskART.com.|