Born in New Boston, IL on Nov. 20, 1873, George Dennison settled into a
studio-home at Cathedral Oaks in the hills above Alma, CA about 1910
and remained there until his death on March 26, 1966.
After serving as chief of horticulture at the Panama Pacific Exposition
of 1915, he turned his attention to sculptured enamels. He and
his partner Frank Ingerson were versatile artists. As co-workers
for 65 years, they were painters, gold and silversmiths, weavers,
leather workers, horticulturists, and interior decorators.
Collection: Ark of the Covenant, Temple Emanu-El (San Francisco).
Source: Edan Hughes, "Artists in California, 1786-1940"
City Directory; California Arts and Architecture list, 1932; Dictionary of American Painters, Sculptors & Engravers
(Fielding, Mantle); SF Chronicle, 3-29-1966 (obituary).Nearly 20,000 biographies can be found in Artists in California 1786-1940 by Edan Hughes and is available for sale ($150). For a full book description and order information please click here